Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Going on a Tiny Trip

Some time last summer I lost my key to the mailbox.  This is a bit of a sore spot, because I tend to lose things, and the result in this case is that I don't have a mail key in my car to allow me to check the mail on my way home from anywhere.  I did try to get copies made last fall, but they don't really work well, and I haven't gotten new copies.  Anyway, because I didn't get the mail on the way home tonight, I was going to walk up to the mailbox to get it (after borrowing Meghan's key, of course).  Joshua was sad about something, so I decided to cheer him up by asking him if he wanted to go on a tiny trip with me.  I had to qualify that, because "going on a trip" is what I do for work, and I didn't want him to think that's what we were doing, so I called it a tiny trip.  He did in fact cheer up because of that and was extra excited when he found out that we were going to bring our flashlights so we could see on our brief walk.  Hannah was interested, but since I billed it as a tiny trip for me and Joshua, I asked him if Hannah could go too, and he agreed.  So the three of us got all bundled up (it's cold today!), and we all got our flashlights, and we walked to the mailbox and back, completing our tiny trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment