Monday, April 25, 2016

Playing at the School Park



The weather was really nice tonight, so I walked with the kids while they rode to the park by the school, which is actually the school playground, but none of our kids are old enough to go there, so they just see it as a park.  We played there for awhile.  Clara told me she wanted to do the monkey bars.  I wasn't sure if she could, but I stayed close to her.  She had a few failures (you can see the stress and concern in here eyes), but pretty soon she made it across!  I was really proud of her.

The playground is not on a mat like a lot of them are, but instead is on a field of millions of pebbles.  This isn't good if you're wearing sandals or flip-flops, but otherwise it's fine.  And it has the added benefit of letting you make pebble angels, if you're so inclined.

The girls climbed on the dome thing.  I was impressed that Hannah went for it without being too scared.

There were some big kids playing basketball, and Joshua wanted to join them.  They were really kind and let him play with them for awhile, even letting him take some shots.  I was also proud to see him get in good defensive stance when playing defense against the big kid.  He had fun, and it was really nice of them to let him join them.  And it's really nice that we have this park so close to our house.  Joshua will enjoy using it next school year, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment