Friday, September 2, 2016

Picking Up Joshua


There are not a lot of benefits from being unemployed.  But one perk is that I get to drop off and pick up the kids every day.  Well, Meghan usually picks up the girls from Goddard on her way home from work.  But since Joshua gets out of school at 3:40 each day, obviously Meghan isn't home to do that.  But I am!  I have plenty to do at home during the day, between job hunting, cleaning, and other tasks I try to complete around the house, but I always look forward to the afternoon when I get to walk up to the school and meet Joshua as he gets out.  We then walk hand-in-hand all the way home (which isn't very far), and we talk about his day or whatever else he wants to discuss.  We also then have time at home for an hour or so before Meghan and the girls get home.  Once I have a job, this will scenario will probably change somewhat, but for now it's really special to me to get to pick up my son from kindergarten every day and to walk home and have some one-on-one time.

No comments:

Post a Comment