Monday, August 29, 2016

A Trio of Potential Job Opportunities


I have three realistic job opportunities at this point.  One is with an older company for a very stable, albeit not likely very exciting, job.  That's the one I interviewed for in St. Louis a couple weeks ago, which I posted about.  I went back the following week for another interview with a guy further up the chain, and I nailed that one too.  They really like me and are in the process of making me an offer, though there are still some hurdles on their side, so nothing is official. Another probable option is to go back to OpenText, but in a new role.  There's not an official opening there, but it sounds like they'll be able to make one for me, as they would love to have me back.  The third potential opportunity is the reason I'm in Utah today.  I'm not going to mention the two companies that aren't my old one, at least until I have a job.  But this third opportunity is an exciting one.  It's with a new-ish company that is technically still a start-up, though they are pretty established.  It's a young, fun company that sells a modern product.  I'm pretty excited about it, although there would be some risk, as they are banking on a new strategy of selling to enterprise companies, which is the reason they are looking to grow their sales force, and why there is an opening that I'm being considered for.  If that plan falls flat, then things might not go well for the company or my job.  But all other aspects of it are very appealing.  So I had an interview today near Salt Lake City, and it went really well.  I'm hoping for an ideal scenario of me getting three offers, one from each company, and then I get to pick the best one.  But it's also possible none of these will pan out, though I think that's unlikely.  They all have a decent chance of turning into a job offer, so I'm just hopeful at least one of them actually will.  I don't want to have to go back to the drawing board, as I don't have much else in the pipeline.  Still, I'm optimistic, especially after how today's interview went.

No comments:

Post a Comment