Friday, August 26, 2016

Theme Days


So far this school year, there have been a lot of theme days, particularly for Joshua.  They have been almost all color-related, which made me realize how few colors he has in his wardrobe.  Since I'm dressing the kids each day, as Meghan has already left for work at that point, it's up to me to make this happen.  Today was Yellow Day, which wasn't too hard, as he has several bright yellow shirts, and conveniently he also has these awesome mostly-yellow socks.  His orange shoes aren't yellow, obviously, but they fit nicely with the color scheme, as does his orange and gray backpack.

The girls also had a theme today, as it was pajama day at their school.  Baby Stella is always in pajamas, as that's that outfit that's sewn onto her, and Chicken Baby has a pair of pajamas, so all four girls, so to speak, were wearing their jammies.  The human girls were in a great mood this morning, so they were being silly, which I tried to capture in the pictures.

This evening I went out to the car to get something, and the girls wanted to go with me (all the kids are always excited to go outside with me whenever I'm going out, even if they have no idea what I might be doing).  While I had the passenger door open, Clara climbed in, and they suddenly got the idea that they should pretend to be grown-ups driving and riding in the car.  So I let them do it briefly, and here is a preview of what our life will be like in 12 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment