Monday, August 1, 2016

Fired

(From 8/1/16)

Well, I'm officially unemployed.  Due to a combination of unfortunate events, my time at Fuze is over.  The short version is they were a start-up, and they promised they would train me on their industry (I had no previous experience in it, and they knew that), but they never trained me.  I also had a manager who didn't properly support me and ensure I got what I needed.  I also got blamed for something I didn't do.  In the end, they let me go, as they didn't feel I was the right fit for the position.  It happened a couple weeks ago but I was officially employed through Friday, so today is the first business day in my entire working career that I have no job.  It's stressful for us, because Meghan hasn't been working, although she is looking into getting a job in case my time being unemployed goes on for an extended period.  I'm a little concerned because my manager at Actuate was out of work for nine months before he landed a job.  So it could be awhile.  I've already started looking, though, and I have some leads that I'm already pursuing.  So I'm hoping something works out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment