Saturday, August 6, 2016

Riding to Raven Ridge


Today I took the kids to Raven Ridge park, which is near our house.  It's close enough that we an bike to it, so we did.  Hannah decided to wear her swimming goggles while riding, which looked ridiculous but cute.

 Joshua was really brave and climbed to the top of the rock climbing wall (it's not a rock, but it's that style of activity), which I hadn't seen him do before today.

 The girls attempted to climb through the tire structures.  Clara got high-centered halfway through and needed rescuing, while Hannah realized pretty quickly she wasn't going to be able to make it.

                      She decided that standing on the tires would be a more appropriate activity for her.

The kids climbed to the top of the rock structure.  I asked them to smile, which they kind of did.  I then asked them to put their hands in the air, and Hannah protested for some reason.  I then asked all the kids to have crabby faces like Hannah, so they did, but Hannah thought that was so funny she could barely keep a smile from overtaking her crabby face.

Joshua wanted to jump off the rock down do the rubberized mat.  I did a quick assessment and determined they probably wouldn't break their ankles, so in a dad-like move I agreed, even though you can't really know if it's too dangerous until after they jump.  So he jumped.  An no ankles were broken.  Clara decided that looked like an awesome activity, so she jumped too.  And they both jumped over and over again, and no ankles were broken.

After a long while playing, we all rode home.  We had a lot of disagreements over who should be the line leader, so next time I will have to come up with a plan ahead of time so everyone knows what to expect.  It's a nice park that's close to our house, and given that I apparently now have a lot of free time on my hands, I'm pretty sure we'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment