Tuesday, August 16, 2016

The Unofficial Last Day of Summer


The girls finished their time at NaturePlay today, and tomorrow is their first day at their new school, and tomorrow is Joshua's first day (albeit a half day) at kindergarten.  So today is pretty much the last day of summer, at least from a school perspective.  So what do you do in summer?  You go swimming.  So I took them to the pool today, again leveraging my inconveniently convenient unemployment.  As I have mentioned in the past, my HTC M9 phone is not water resistant like my previous one (Galaxy S5), so I don't really have a lot of pictures of us in the pool.  But I did manage to catch a quick pic of Chicken Baby lounging by the pool, soaking up the late summer rays.

On the last day of summer before the first day of school, we have a tradition of having s'mores.  So tonight the kids enjoyed s'mores on the deck, though Meghan and I certainly partook in them as well.

At night, Joshua somewhat unexpectedly lost his third tooth!  I think he's been working on it a lot, as it wasn't that loose very long ago.  So he'll have a cute gap in his mouth on his first day of kindergarten tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment