Friday, November 11, 2016

Dads and Donuts at Ravenwood


Today was Dads and Donuts day at Ravenwood, so I was able to join Joshua for some donuts and juice this morning.  As usual, Joshua was really excited to have me be at his school, and it was a fun time for us.

 After we were done, and as I was about to leave, we had a very pleasant surprise.  His teacher gave us Joshua's missing hooded sweatshirt.  This was notable because he lost it a month or more ago on the playground one day.  I had asked all the teachers to keep an eye out for it, and Joshua and I checked the lost-and-found every couple days for a few weeks, thinking it would have to show up at some point, perhaps such as if a kid took it home, and his mom realized it wasn't his and sent it back to school.  But eventually we gave up and assumed it was lost.  But today it appeared in his classroom.  His teacher said she had no idea where it came from, as it was just there when she showed up.  So whatever the reason, we're really happy to have it back!

Last night I started working on Clara's cake, which was mostly notable because it's not the night before the party, which is when I normally start working on it, but that usually results in me working through the night.  I was determined not to do that this time, so I started last night.  So tonight I don't have as much to do as I normally do the night before the party, which is great.  But I still have a fair amount, including a lot of fondant work, and Joshua wanted to help me, so here he is spreading some of the fondant.

No comments:

Post a Comment