Thursday, June 16, 2016

The Red Mustang


I had another business meeting in Oklahoma City today.  It was in a board room with a presentation setup that I'd never seen before.  Our slides and presentation were projected on two massive screens on the outside of a group of three, and a remote attendee's video feed was projected on the middle screen.  The customer was Life.Church, so his shirt makes sense.  Like my last trip down there, it just made more sense for me to rent a car and drive back, and like last time, I got upgraded.  This time it was to a sweet Ford Mustang convertible.  I needed to return it to the airport (my car was there, because I flew to OKC), so I stopped by our house which was right on the way.  The kids were super excited to see the car, and they kept asking if I'd gotten a new car.  Sadly, I had not.  I explained that I got to borrow it to drive home from Oklahoma.  They were already bored with my story and just wanted to get in it, which I let them do.  They wanted to go for a ride, but I reminded them that they needed car seats, and it wouldn't be safe to drive without them.  I was beginning to think of my next defense for when they asked me to just put our car seats in this car, but they didn't think of that and gave up on their dreams of riding in it and were happy just to sit in it for awhile before I told them I had to continue on my trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment