Sunday, February 21, 2016

Pomegranate Chef


 I had a New Year's Resolution this year to cook more.  That will be an easy one to accomplish, because I basically never cook (aside from grilling).  So tonight was my first foray into it this year.  I chose:  Sweet-Potato Mash With Pomegranate and Maple-Balsamic Drizzle.  Sounds fancy, doesn't it?  I also made a pomegranate seed salad to go with it.  It all turned out pretty good, although there ended up being too much oil in the salad, though that's what the recipe called for.  But the sweet potato mash was quite good, especially the maple balsamic drizzle.  I could happily drink that.

Meghan and I liked it, but what about the kids?  They surely liked it, but let's take a look:




Hm, okay.  Maybe not.  But hey, that's okay.  They're not exactly known for their refined palates, so the success of my meal was not contingent upon getting their approval, fortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment