Monday, February 29, 2016

Mixed-Up Monday


This week at school is a themed week.  Today is Mixed-Up Monday in which the kids were encouraged to wear mixed-up clothing, meaning regular clothing but in a mixed-up way.  Meghan and I split up duties for the week, and this one was one of mine.  I took it as a challenge to do the best I could (much like with last year's Crazy Hair Day), with the goal of my kids being the most mixed-up of everyone, even though it isn't an actual competition.  But everything is a competition to me.  They needed to be able to function at school, so I couldn't go so far as to have them wear pants on their head, for example, but I figured I could do pretty well with turning things inside out and backwards.  I chose a pajama top for Joshua and turned it inside out, because the white piece of cloth that's on the inside of kids' embroidered shirts would look blatantly inside out.  I also had him wear a pair of his sport pants inside out.  For Clara, I found a sweater that had an embroidered pattern that would be obvious that it was reversed, and then I had her wear a pair of jeans both inside out and backward.  The resulting look was, in my opinion, pretty darn mixed-up.  Meghan dropped off and picked up the kids and reported back to me that no other kids were anywhere close to being as mixed-up as ours.  So it's not as if it was a competition, or even that everyone was trying, but I still feel like we went all out.  And also, you know, that we won.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment