Friday, July 29, 2016

Daisy and Zoey



This afternoon I noticed two dogs running around our cul-de-sac.  They seemed to be staying close to each other but were sprinting around from house to house.  I know all the dogs who live on our street, and these weren't among them, so I guessed they had run away from their house.  They were super friendly, so I corralled them into our fenced back yard.  The kids were elated to see that we had two dogs.  Clara immediately wanted to know if we could keep them.  I told her they belonged to someone else and that we were going to try to find out who owned them. She suggested that if we couldn't find the owner that we should just keep them as our new dogs.  I told her that wasn't likely to happen, but she didn't seem to give up hope.  The dogs had no tags, so I posted in our neighborhood Facebook group, and it wasn't long before someone who lives several streets over claimed them.  He came over to get them, and he told us the dogs names were Daisy and Zoey and that they had in fact escaped, and he thanked me for collecting them and reaching out.  Clara was a little disappointed, but she did seem happy for Daisy and Zoey that they got to go back to their family.

No comments:

Post a Comment