Saturday, July 30, 2016

Summerland 2016



As I've done for the past few years, tonight I got to go to the Summerland Tour concert.  It's organized by the band Everclear, one of my long-time favorites, and the bring on tour with them several other bands from the '90s.  This year it was Sponge, Lit, and Sugar Ray, along with Everclear.  I was particularly excited to see Lit, as I knew pretty much every single lyric off their A Place in the Sun album.  Sponge had a few songs a liked (three-hit wonder?), and Sugar Ray had a whole series of hits int he late '90s and early '00s.  They actually headlined, which I was skeptical about, but like any headlining band, they knew how to put on a great show, and it was a lot of fun.  I'm really glad I was able to go, as it was awesome to hear all four of those bands in one night, and I certainly hope I can go again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment