Wednesday, May 25, 2016

A Sunset-Heavy Business Trip


This week I had a two-part business trip, in which I was going to go to both St. Louis and Oklahoma City.  I landed in St. Louis and saw these beautiful sunsets.

In the morning, my sales rep (Mike) and I delivered cakes to anew customer, celebrating our new partnership.  These were 8-inch tall cakes!  They were really almond-y.  Normally that doesn't bother me (though it does Meghan), so I was surprised I felt that way, especially since they came from a popular high-end local bakery.

That night I flew to Oklahoma City for a meeting the next morning at Life.Church.  I love renting from National, because I get to choose my own car, and this time I got an upgrade from the normal options to this sweet Camaro.


I was especially appreciative to have the upgraded car, because I was scheduled to drive home from Oklahoma City, rather than fly home.  So I was going to get a lot of use out of the car, not just driving a few miles around a city, like many of my rental are.  The drive home was in the afternoon and evening, which was perfect to enjoy the sunset (the sunsets must be extra good this week).  Now that I don't have my RX-8 anymore, I really miss driving a sports car, so it was awesome to get to drive one all the way home.  Someday I'll have one again, but for now I'm glad that at least sometimes my rental cars give me that sports car thrill.  But it was a great trip, with two positive business meetings, and one sporty roadtrip home.

No comments:

Post a Comment