Saturday, May 14, 2016

Rockfest 2016


I really enjoy going to concerts, so I try to go to a handful every year, but Rockfest is the one that's most important to me, as I usually like several of the bands, and I also really like the rock concert festival environment.  I was able to go again this year, and I was glad I did.  There were some bands I hadn't really heard many songs from, and there were some of my favorites, such as Seether.  Jackyl put on a pretty entertaining show, with Jesse James Dupree breaking out his chainsaw for The Lumberjack.  I didn't get there in time to see Saint Asonia, which I would've liked to have seen, as the lead singer is the former lead singer of my former favorite band, Three Days Grace.  The most pleasant surprise was Sixx:A.M.  I'd heard a couple of their songs on the radio, but in the run up to the concert I tried to listen to more of their stuff, and I really liked it, and they were great live, and I loved almost all of their songs.  They moved way up the list of my favorite bands.  The headliner was Disturbed.  I don't really like many of their songs, as they are a little hard for my liking, but I knew so many of them because they've been around for so long and have put out quite a few albums.  As is often the case with this situation when there's a band I don't love but they are the headliner at Rockfest, I still really enjoyed their set.  Being familiar with so many songs in combination with them knowing how to put on a great show makes for a great end to the day/night.  It was another awesome day, and I hope I get to go again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment