Saturday, October 8, 2016

A Rare K-State Game in Manhattan


Unfortunately I don't get to go to many K-State games at this point.  I got to go to one in 2011, and one in 2012, but I haven't been back since then.  This year, though, my friends (and fraternity brothers) decided to make a trip back.  We chose the Texas Tech game, so today we drove down to Manhattan in our minivan (after a brief period of braid-deadness in which I forgot we actually had a vehicle that could comfortably take the whole group).  We first stopped at a bar to get some food and have a few drinks, and then we went to the stadium.  It's always great to see "The Bill", and I've been to dozens of games there, but I'd never had such a long stretch of time between two games, so it was extra good to be back.  We had a blast, and despite Pat Mahomes throwing for 504(!!!) yards against us, we won a thriller, 44-38.  K-State won in typical fashion, scoring in a variety of ways, with a Byron Pringle kick return TD, a DJ Reed pick six, a Jesse Ertz TD pass, a Charles Jones TD run, and a few Matthew McCrane field goals.  We had an awesome time, and although it's probably not realistic to make it an annual event, it's something we should try to do more often than every five years.

No comments:

Post a Comment