Monday, October 10, 2016

Employed!


It's official!  I am no longer unemployed!  A couple weeks ago I accepted a job offer, but the start date wasn't going to be until today.  So I've been able to relax for awhile, as it's been stressful not having a job, because we didn't know how long that would last.  As it turned out, from my trio of job opportunities, the St. Louis one was on hold, as they really wanted to hire me but were hit by a temporary hiring freeze, and the one at my old company fizzled because they couldn't get approval to make the offer they wanted to make.  That left the one I was most excited about, Domo, which was the one in interviewed for in Utah.  In some ways I had hoped to be able to choose between all three, but at the same time I kind of hoped that God would just have two of them fall through so it would be easy and obvious which one I should take.  Domo was the one I was most excited about anyway, so I'm happy with the outcome.  They made me an offer, which I accepted, and then I had to wait a few weeks to start.  They did send me the cool welcome gift basket in the picture.  They are a young, fun company that seems to really value their employees, which, as a new employee, I certainly appreciate.  So today is my official first day, and I'm out here in Salt Lake City for employee orientation. I fly home tonight, and then I'll be back out here next week for a week-long combination of training (sales training and new hire training).  I'm really excited for this new venture, and I think it will be great both for me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment