Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Eating with the Elementary Kids


Good news!  I have a job offer that I've accepted, so I'll be starting that job next week.  I'll post more on it later.   But as of this week, I'm still unemployed, so I'm still trying to take advantage of things that I won't be able to do as much of once I'm working.  Once of those is eating lunch with Joshua at his school.  Parents are welcome any time, and because it's such a quick walk up there, it's easy to do. I can either bring my own lunch or buy the lunch they provide.  Today I did the latter, and I think that was a mistake, because although I know it's not going to be gourmet food, I'm pretty forgiving in my food standards, and it was gross.  Oh well.  It was fun to eat with him though.  He was really happy to see me, and I we were both wearing our matching Thank You Kansas City shirts (the one the Royals wore during the World Series parade).  He's allowed to invite two friends to sit with him at the table with the parents, and one friend he invited was Andy, who photobombed us in this picture.  I won't be able to do this every day, but it's something I'm going to try to do a few times during the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment